Benefits of WIB Smart Lockers for patients:
- increased security against theft of personal items
- less chance of losing items
Benefits of WIB Smart Lockers for hospital staff:
- safe storage of personal items during shifts
- tracking of locker usage
Hospitals and healthcare facilities are places where security is paramount, but – for a whole host of characteristics – safeguarding items can be particularly at risk:
- there is a lot of movement of people both day and night
- patients are sometimes unable to move from their beds and have no way of reacting promptly in the event of theft.
- in the case of hospitalizations, patients keep valuables items (electronic devices, money, etc.) with them
- during the night and during sleeping hours it is not possible to control the objects in the room
Smart Lockers are therefore essential for patient safety: you can store all the valuables you need during your stay in hospital (smartphones, chargers, electronic books, laptops, money, house keys, jewelry, documents, etc.) with the security that no one but the owner can access them.
Smart Lockers, in fact, can be opened through the smartphone but, in case the phone is placed inside the locker, the bays can also be unlocked through fingerprints or special bracelets.
Smart lockers can also be providential in the hospital because they take up little space and therefore can be installed even where there is little space available.
Hospital staff can also benefit greatly from the use of Smart Lockers: not only to store their personal belongings during their shift but also to be able to have precise tracking of those who have accessed the locker (e.g. in the case of taking medication or documents).